Sunday, October 19, 2008

candy-o



I remember cutting the grass at my Mom's house when I was 13 listening to Candy-O on my 14 lb Sony Walkman. Even then, I thought it was cool being able to listen to the song I wanted to listen to as many times as I wanted. It took a while to convert to the CD from vinyl ( and cassettes... which I never liked but...). Now, I'm getting the feeling that the push is being made towards MP3.

No more album art?

I thought that I was "settling" when I was getting the japanese mini-album versions of my favorite LPs ( there are some spectacular versions of the ELO catalogue).

-Fun Fact: The soundtrack to Xanadu has on the actual record label a "ELO side" and a "ONJ side". ONJ being Olivia Newton John. You don't get that sort of thing with an MP3 download.


"candy-o", 2008

6" x 6", oil on gessoed panel Pin It Now!