Saturday, July 21, 2007

watermelon and fork



I'm working to get some big work done for my gallery in PA ( I'll post some pics this weekend). I've been listening to some real "gems" too. Beach Boys "Sunflower", the new Rush album, and an old favorite Seals and Crofts "Greatest Hits". I get into a situation where I'll listen to a group of albums through a painting OVER and OVER again.

Here's the weird thing ( well two weird things). First, and I do this without really thinking about it, I'll keep many paintings going at once, but I'll only listen to a certain group of albums for each different painting. Weird! Like, I'll get up and change the album ( LP or CD...Hey, I can't be limited by availablity).

Second, when I hear certain songs I get a little touch of deja-vu of a particular painting ( I'll remember painting it or a portion of a painting). Also weird!

In the beginning of a painting, I'll be working along thinking that "Hummingbird" is AWESOME! Cut to day three, and I start to think ,"Man, this really sucks! Who is this mellow?"

Doesn't matter. I'll go back to Seals and Crofts eventually. I always do. It really is AWESOME...isn't it?

-watermelon & fork, 2007

6" x 6", oil on gessoed panel

Click HERE to bid on this painting or to see my other work listed on ebay. You can get on my mailing list by subscribing to my google group above ( I send out a note when I list a new painting) . Also, check out ottolange.com to see more work and get more info. Pin It Now!