Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mom's toasters...



My Mom is a collector of many things. She has a HUGE collection of vintage chrome kitchen items. The great thing is that all of these cool things look and work like new. When we've been out on the prowl for things she ALWAYS gets the best stuff. She has got "the eye". What's funny is that it seems very normal growing up in a kitchen with 40+ chrome coffee makers that she used in a rotation style. There's one that I found ( and she bought) that is chrome with a glass body with LIGHTS INSIDE that show all the percolating action.

-toast, 2007

8" x 8", oil on gessoed panel

Click HERE to bid on this painting or to see my other work listed on ebay. You can get on my mailing list by subscribing to my google group above ( I send out a note when I list a new painting) . Also, check out ottolange.com to see more work and get more info. Pin It Now!