Saturday, November 01, 2008

tomato plant



"tomato plant" ,2008

6" x 6", oil on hardboard panel

private collection

This is the first one of my tomato can series. I actually transplanted the little plant to this can a couple months ago and it took off. I was at my local "home store" ( they always say that on This Old House...even though Lowe's is a sponsor) and it was an impluse buy. I like all that little crap they have at the checkout. My favorite products-that-never-should-have-been-made-things are usually there. My current fave is the toothbrush that plays music. As if to say, "at no point in my busy day will music not be a part of my life...AT NO POINT!! Do you HEAR me?". I realize that it can be somewhat of a challenge to get a 4 or 5 year old to brush his/ her teeth, but this was an adult toothbrush. Do I really need to hear the Black Eyed Peas perform "My Humps" while I brush my teeth? Pin It Now!