Sunday, November 04, 2007

oh pear



Have you seen Supernanny? I'm pretty sure that my parents would have been too embarassed to display their ignorance about parenting on national television ( had that been the case...). I love the scenes where the kids on the show run around and scream and say " I HATE you Mom and DAD!". The parents say "here's some toys and candy...we love you Throckmorton", and then they look around with some confused expression as to WHY the kids are bad.

I'm also pretty sure that if my parents had brought in some hot British nanny to "discipline" me...I would have "straightened" up pretty quick ( the accent goes a long way).

Why does everything I say come out sounding adolescent and dirty?

oh pear, 2007
6" x 6", oil on gessoed panel

Click HERE to bid on this painting or to see my other work listed on ebay. Pin It Now!