Wednesday, November 07, 2007

honey



I have two "honey" stories:

First, my wife and I were eating at a Waffle House one time ( incidentally, I saw my sixth grade science teacher working there a few years back...turns out she didn't have a teaching degree. This is why I now cannot get a job at NASA!). The waitress kept calling me "Hoh-neh" in a passive-aggressive manner which I determined to be her version of "Honey". This is a sample:

Me: "Can I get some more coffee?"

Waffle House waitress: "Sure, Hoh-neh!"

Me: "Well...thank you...Hoh-neh!" ( with a lot of extra HOH-NEEHH ).

Waffle House waitress: "Be right back...Hoh-heh"

She never got it. Kept right on calling me and everyone else in the place "hoh-neh". The interesting thing was that she spoke very plainly for every word except "honey". I still call people "Hoh-neh!", but nobody really knows why.

The other story is when I was about 13 years old, my Uncle and his girlfriend and I stopped by his house on the way to the movies. He was checking his mailbox and and had received a giant container of honey from a friend with a note that said " You two ENJOY!". My uncle and his girlfriend exchanged some sort of giggly look, and I can remeber saying "Wow, you guys must really like honey!". At the age of 13, let's just say I was a little slow on the uptake.

honey, 2007
6" x 6", oil on gessoed panel

Click HERE to bid on this painting or to see my other work listed on ebay. Pin It Now!