Monday, June 18, 2007

a twist of Lemmon


One of my favorite performers is Jack Lemmon. His 1959 album A Twist of Lemmon is fantastic! His vocals are great ( it sounds like Jack Lemmon singing in tune) but his real strength is his piano playing. I think his son wrote a biography about him under the same title. Hey, where did the triple-threat actor/singer/dancer go? Gene Kelly was really the only one to pull it off with precision AND a little masculinity. He also has a great singing voice ( Our Love is Here to Stay... its wonderful...or should I say ...S'wonderful?)

"A twist of lemon", 2007


8" x 8", oil on gessoed hardboard


Click on the image to bid on this painting or to see my other work listed on ebay. You can get on my mailing list by subscribing to my google group above ( I send out a note when I list a new painting) . Also, check out ottolange.com to see more work and get more info. Pin It Now!