Thursday, June 21, 2007

Chinese rice


I guess angst is relative. I know that red hot anger when I drop, spill, break, ruin...anything. But...its really important to remember that things can be picked-up, cleaned, fixed, and reworked. Everytime I see E's True Hollywood Story I feel that things are gonna be okay.

I listen to a Frank Sinatra radio show from the mid 50's called Rocky Fortune. He's this drifter that gets into misadventure through his "employment agency" ( AKA the plot moving device). Well, in one episode he's applying to be a rocket test pilot ( yeah...I know...) and Rocky has to get a physical.

Doctor: "Is your health good?"

Rocky Fortune: " Nah, but I ignore it."


"chinese rice", 2007

8" x 8", oil on gessoed hardboard

Click on the image to bid on this painting or to see my other work listed on ebay. You can get on my mailing list by subscribing to my google group above ( I send out a note when I list a new painting) . Also, check out ottolange.com to see more work and get more info. Pin It Now!