Sunday, December 03, 2006

Bing on Blue

Bing on Blue is like the name of a great late 50's Bing Crosby jazz album. There's a real one called Bing Sings whilst Bregman Swings that is fantastic. Buddy Bregman had a real crash-boom-swingy arrangement and Bing did his thing. The best on this album ( and one of my favorite "Der Bingle" songs ever is his cover of Johnny Mercer's classic Jeepers Creepers .

Okay, a word on Bing Crosby. I love Bing...a lot. There's a scene in Road to Morocco where he's looking for Bob Hope ( who he sold for food money...), and he's singing his way through the streets of Morocco as he does it. The best part is...He's wearing a fez and...He looks really cool in it!


"Bing on Blue", 2006

6" x 6", oil on cradled Masonite

Click on the image to bid on this painting or to see my other work listed on ebay. You can get on my mailing list by subscribing to my google group above ( I send out a note when I list a new painting) . Also, check out ottolange.com to see more work and get more info. Pin It Now!