Sunday, December 03, 2006

Bartlett on the Green


I've been reading/looking at the Itten book The Elements of Color and started mixing a lot of paint. Sometimes I will look at my palette and then wander around the house to see if I can make something out of some really cool color I've mixed. The science of art was really my initial attraction to painting in the first place. There was some article in Scientific American ( which is usually pretty dry stuff) that talked about certain colors can actually influence human behavior in a direct way. Its like in music when they talk about the "black chord" ( you know listening to some Rush song can make some people take off their clothes and wriggle around on the salad bar at Wendy's).

"Bartlett on the Green", 2006

6" x 6", oil on cradled Masonite

Click on the image to bid on this painting or to see my other work listed on ebay. You can get on my mailing list by subscribing to my google group above ( I send out a note when I list a new painting) . Also, check out ottolange.com to see more work and get more info. Pin It Now!