Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Apple Jack No.1


I've been going to Kroger ( a big grocery chain in GA) to buy my fruits and vegetables. They have this "marketplace" thing going, and I must say that they have absolutely fantastic specimens of produce sometimes. This apple is actual size relative to the jack and its huge ( the apple). Are we better farmers? Or...you think there's a little extra additive? Man, I hope so! Maybe, all these chemicals will give me some sort of super-powers! Like the ability to injest any poison ( Poison Drinker-Man?), or the ability to squirt fruit jelly of any flavor out of my elbow ( "Hold on! Don't eat that english muffin plain!").

This is also the first in a series of super-produce that I'll be working on.

"Apple Jack No.1", 2006

6" x 6", oil on cradled Masonite

Click on the image to bid on this painting or to see my other work listed on ebay. Also, check out ottolange.com to see more work and get more info. Pin It Now!