Saturday, September 03, 2011

You can beat me up, and I'll still end up looking good!

I'm in a group show at Mason Murer Fine Art this month called "The Real Thing" commemorating the 125th anniversary of Coca-Cola.

Photobucket


You can beat me up, and I'll still end up looking good!, 2011

40-in. x 30-in.

oil on cradled panel

This can is a 1960's-early 70's "swirl" version that is aluminum AND steel. This is why part of the can is really rusty and the body is in nice shape. This also has a pop top as opposed to the push-pull-flippy thing we have now.

I had a pal named Mike give me the alternate title 12oz. of Awesome!, but I was more focused on the fact that the Coca-Cola logo is so strong that even when you break it down it still looks beautiful ( and even more importantly, identifiable).

Believe it or not, I have my own fairly rigid little method to my own Coke drinking. I like it in a glass with ice, BUT... I like it in a particular way. The glass must be a heavy weight short tumbler or lowball glass. The ( ice cold, NEVER room temperature or warm) Coke should be poured into the glass to roughly the 3/5ths mark. Then, three square ice cubes should be added to the drink, and NEVER the other way around. Enjoy!

FUN FACT: Coca-Cola WILL NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT revive a dead hooker! It will, however, do the following:

-Remove blood stains from clothing!

-Cure nausea! A flat Coke will help you get through the task at hand!

-Dissolve teeth ( AKA evidence!)

-Tan your skin, AND curl straight hair. After all, you might need to quickly change your appearance for that "unexpected" flight you'll be making to Brazil... forever!

Okay, enough of that nonsense. Honestly, I really just put that little part in to see if anyone is actually reading these.

Hey, I've got an idea! Let's watch David Nelson get treated rudely by an insane, and aptly titled, "soda jerk"!

Pin It Now!