Sunday, November 25, 2007

Strawberry Pop Tarts



Pop Tarts ( and ONLY Kelloggs...you know what I'm talking about when I say the store brands need to stay in the store) were one of the first foods that I can remember making by myself. I'm sure my parents were so proud ( "that's our little prodigy!"). The few hours after school consisted of SpaghettiO's ( for my sister) and Pop Tarts for me. We would watch "The Adventures of Superman" followed by "The Brady Bunch" on WTBS ( this was before Ted Turner's "Superstation" had taken over cable and it was an Atlanta channel...channel 17, actually).

Oh, and I hate the term "latch-key kid". It implies that leaving your kid at home after school for a couple of hours is some horrible form of neglect. I mean if the kid doesn't see the parents for a week and is subsisting on Snicker's and Captain Crunch, then there might be a problem. On the other hand, a few hours alone at home isn't really anything worth crying on Dr. Phil's shoulder.

Strawberry Pop Tarts, 2007

8" x 8", oil on gessoed panel

Click HERE to bid on this painting or to see my other work listed on ebay. Pin It Now!